Illusionist Danny Ray
- About: Danny Ray "Illusionist"
- About New Hope Community Church
- About Bellaire Community United Methodist Church.
Thursday August 17 @ 7:00 pm
Performing Arts Center @ Bellaire Public Schools
MAGIC • LAUGHTER • INSPIRATION
About: Danny Ray "Illusionist"
Starting your own ministry is both exciting, and scary. On the one hand, you put all of your HOPES, DREAMS, and MONEY on the line and you face the possibility that the whole process could fail. On the other hand, there is an adrenaline-pumping, God-given energy about starting off on a new adventure with the open-ended potential that exists in new ideas. Like skating on a frozen lake, you can’t wait to try it—but you hope the ice holds.
In July 2003, I stepped out on the ice and started my own ministry—I left my job as a youth pastor, my benefits, and my consistent paycheck back on the warm, safe shore in order to start my dream job! My wife and I had a small cash reserve that we were hoping would get us through the first six months while we aggressively enacted our business plan.
Four months went by and our model was starting to work, but both time and money were slipping away. By the sixth month, when our funds ran out, we were able to pay all of our bills from the money we were making on our bookings! We have been in business ever since, and thankfully, business has been good!
One of the key reasons we made it during those early days, rested in the fact that we had a group of people cheering us on. Dan Monteverde set up a meeting at National Youth Workers Convention with 15,000 people in attendance; he believed in me. Another exceptional man and rare friend, Jeff Harris, would brainstorm with me for hours about marketing the business. He cheered me on and challenged me daily. Jeff saw potential in me that I didn’t see in myself. Of course, there was my wife, Kimberly, who always listened to everything—even on the bad days—and cheered me on.
My passion is to empower people to “run a better race” in life. I do this through making people laugh, and blowing their minds with unique illusions. I have had the privilege of captivated millions of people around the world. I would love to come share my talents and passion with your team.
About New Hope Community Church
New Hope is a Christ-centered church.
We are a gospel-preaching church. We are a prayer-filled church. We are a Biblically-grounded church. We are a Missions-minded church. As a local church, we are committed to doing life and ministry in Northern Michigan with the fellowship and accountability of other believers. Our desire is to be passionate in our pursuit of God, bold in our proclamation of Him, and certain of the biblical truth that Jesus Christ is “the way, the truth and the life.” We truly believe that any hope for life and for eternity is found through Jesus’ name. We invite you to join us in this journey of finding joy in Jesus.
About Bellaire Community United Methodist Church.
At Bellaire Community United Methodist Church you can experience the unconditional love of Jesus and discover how you were created to worship God. Together we explore God's Word and use our gifts to serve others. If you have any questions, please use our contact form. We hope to see you soon.
Who We Are
- We are a group of people of every age, from small children to the older adult.
- We are people who aren’t yet Christians, new Christians, and people who have been trying to follow Christ for more than 70 years.
- We include the unemployed, under-employed, working folks, students, professionals, retirees, single parents, divorced individuals, recovering addicts, married people, well-educated people and those who did not complete high school.
- We are people who listen to all kinds of music and who don’t all like the same style of worship.
- But we are all here because Bellaire Community UMC is a place where we all feel like we belong.
- We are a United Methodist Church. That means that we are connected to all the other United Methodist churches in the country and the world, and we are committed to service projects that are national and international. For more about being United Methodist, check out what we believe.
Bellaire Community United Methodist Church
401 N Bridge Street, P.O. Box #235
Bellaire, Michigan 49615